Friday, May 02, 2008

Changing of the Guard

Friends:

My favorite [only] computer [Damn Thing] is now in its final death throws. While it's been terribly sick these last few months, this past week has been a trying experience, with increases in: freezes, jumping cursor, constant system restarts, last second text highlights, garbled words, and lost work files.

I recently ordered my new Dell, and within a few weeks I hope to be up and running again better than ever---depending, of course, on how well I can handle the transition. I'll be using a 22" monitor, so even though I don't have a camera, I'll be able to see everyone. Just wave. My old computer has been the main reason for my spotty blog entries an correspondence, and I hope by the end of the month to be on a better schedule.

'The Damn Thing is dead!' Long live the new Damn Thing!'

No comments: